Thursday, October 25, 2007

It felt right


Today I was out buying clothes for some of my other kids because they seem to have grown at least two inches overnight. One day their pants fit them, and the next day they look like they are ready for a flood.

Since I was buying clothes anyways, I came across this cute outfit and I couldn't resist buying it. It felt good to have something tangible in my hands that represents the *new* son that we will be adopting. When we were in the process of adopting Anna and Sveta over two years ago, I started giving away all of Jonny's clothes as he outgrew them. We just didn't think we would be doing the baby thing again. Now that we have had a two year break of no changing diapers, I am thrilled that we will soon be doing it again. Call me crazy, but I am looking forward to doing the baby/toddler thing all over again.

Anyways, I bought this outfit and I'm not even sure it will fit the boy we adopt, but it will eventually. I have learned this with my other children. They will eventually grow into it.

4 comments:

Tami said...

I have SO wanted to do this, but I'm too chicken! I don't know why...it's not like I couldn't sell it on e-bay or something if it didn't work out. ;)
BTW - I'm tagging you for a meme. I know we've just 'met', but I'd love to hear more about you. So come check it on out my blog.
Tag, You're it!

Ken and Joy said...

I came across your blog and am really excited to hear of your decision to adopt from Ukraine! My husband and I leave for Ukraine on Nov 12th for an appt on Nov 14th. You can check out our blog at www.kjrae.blogspot.com.

I too have been "craving" or "getting the itch" to buy clothes, but we are not sure whether we will be getting a boy or girl. We will find out soon enough! Nice to meet you.

Joy Rae
luv2bgwee@yahoo.com

Lucky Mom said...

Christine,
I love reading your smiles and trials blog. Would love to hear about how and why you decided to go to Ukraine this time and what age you are thinking about/hoping for.

Sue

Annie said...

I second Sue. So you're looking for a toddler. How fun is that? I am seriously envious. So, let me live vicariously. :)