Wednesday, May 7, 2008

A baby chick named Dennis


This conversation brought me to tears.

"Mama, look what I made at preschool today. It is three cheekens."

"Jonny, they sure are three chickens and I love them. You did a great job."

"Mmm,hmmm," Jonny nodded. "Do you know who they are?"

"Yes. They are Mama, Papa, and Jonny, right?" I asked as I pointed to each one.

"Noooooooooo, that is wrong Mama. That one is Daddy. That one is you. And the baby chick is Dennis."
******************************
For some reason, I was not expecting him to say that.

13 comments:

Mamapierce said...

That is SO SWEET! Do you have any idea when Dennis will be coming home?

Salzwedel Family said...

Kids just amaze me when they say the sweetest things like that. He certainly has a heart for sweet Dennis already!

liesel said...

Oh Christine. That made me cry.

Mary and Michael said...

Such a precious story.

Connie said...

Very sweet!!

Melissa said...

sooo cute

Dave said...

Sweet.
Gina

crispy said...

Sooooo sweet. You know those kids of your love each other all ready.

THE CAMPBELL FAMILY said...

AWWW THATS SO CUTE!! I SURE WISH THINGS WOULD HURRY FOR YOU. IT IS SO HARD TO BE PATIENT,WHEN YOU WANT YOUR BABY HOME NOW. JODY

Tony and Dawn said...

Children are a blessing from God and I think He uses them to help us when we need a little pick me up! Our youngest has done similar things as we wait to bring our children home. What a blessing indeed. I don't know about y'all, but I may never (okay, I will never) make the list of millionaires, but I am rich in my soon to be six blessings from God. I would not trade them for all the money in the world! Even though I have only spent 4 days of my life with three of them, they have been in my heart for two years now.

God reminds us we can't take worldly goods with us when we depart this earth, but I do believe we are allowed to take the love of our children. May God bless you and your family to bring Dennis home.

Debora Hoffmann said...

That is so precious! I got misty-eyed. Out of the mouths of babes...

Nataliya said...

Oh, how precious! You should be so proud of Jonny!

Kim said...

Kids say the cutest things. What a sweetheart!

Happy Mothers Day.

Kim