Monday, December 17, 2007

Off to be Apostilled!

I had 11 of our documents notarized on Friday and mailed them off to the Secretary of States Office in Sacramento this morning to get apostilled. Yeah!!!

So why was it so hard for me to let go of that precious, yellow, certified, manila envelope and hand it over to the post office clerk? I know better than to worry about it getting lost, but I couldn't help it. I keep telling myself that I have to just trust that it is going to come back to me in the pre-paid self addressed envelope that I included.

Don't worry, I'm over it already.

I emailed my local Congressman a very nice letter, asking if he could help speed things along for us. He just had a baby himself and so I am hoping that he will be able to relate to our situation and how frustrating it is to have to wait without any specific timeline. I just feel that with the new 2008 quota, our paperwork needs to get over there as soon as possible.

Hey, at least we are not at a complete standstill like many families waiting to adopt from China. Don't even get me started on that....... I feel so sad for them. There is just no reason that makes real sense to me as to why it takes so long to adopt a child. Doesn't anyone else feel that a child's precious life just ticking away in an orphanage should me minimized in every way possible. After all, it is their childhood that is literally being robbed from them. It just isn't fair.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay! I am so glad that the paperwork is off! Things seem to be moving fairly quickly? Or maybe the time is just flying by...

Mike & Tara said...

Congrats on mailing off the documents to be apostilled!! It is so hard to let go of those documents as they all we have of our children until we get to Ukraine!

Nataliya said...

I know the feeling! It's very hard to let go of these priceless documents!

And I really hope your local Congressman will help you to speed things up with I-600A.

Debora Hoffmann said...

I'm glad your paperwork is off to be apostilled. Hooray!

We've been thinking the very same thing recently: why are govenments making is so difficult to adopt children whose lives are ticking away in orphanages? We are praying that God would make things work better in many countries, for the children's sakes. We're also thanking Him that He is a father to the fatherless and that He allows people to adopt these precious ones!

Sig said...

AMEN. I recently wrote a post like this on another blog. It's crazy that it is so hard and long :(
But congrats on getting everything mailed, I remember that feeling, did NOT want to let that envelope go!