Friday, December 14, 2007

Still waiting

At the suggestion of others, I contacted our local Congressional office. Connie, I loved your idea, but that is how I first mailed our application--- with a nice letter thanking them for helping us last time, and it got us nowhere.

Anyways, the person I talked too, I have a feeling was just a clerk for that office... and he really wasn't able to help me much. I do give him credit that he called me back twice, but he gave me info that I had already read off the Immigration site. He started out the conversation like this.

"I'm so sorry, but I have really bad news for you. It looks like Immigration is barely processing applications that were filed back in June. It looks like they are really back logged."

I told him that that wasn't possible because I knew of others who had filed their application later than June and already gotten their approval. Ugh!

I don't think I got very far. I hope they didn't put our application at the bottom of the pile because of my pestering.

5 comments:

Nancy said...

Ugh! That is so frustrating! I'm amazed at how slow our government can be. I hope you get some good news soon.

Connie said...

oh well... A nice letter, a clerk who has called back twice .. even if the answer was just 'sorry'... that doesn't sound like pestering to me.. looks like you have some positive points filed! We will continue our prayers for you!

Kathy Cassel said...

Frustrating! Be persistent. I lost a lot of time getting my dossier ready because it sat in the Miami embassy for over a month. I didn't know that other embassys were sending them back out within a couple of days so I didn't follow up nearly as soon as I should have.

Troy and Rachel said...

Keep pestering. Ity lets them know you aren't going to back down and sometimes they will get it done just to get you off their backs!!

Anonymous said...

Hi, Thanks for stopping by my blog. Dealing with our government can be frustrating but as you know. There is a plan sometimes we just don't know why there is a hold up. That is what I keep reminding myself anyway. (Regarding the great China slowdown) At least you got someone to call you back.