Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Waiting for the Mail

How many times have you been held hostage by your mailbox or email?

That's what I feel like right now as I am anxiously waiting for a letter from USCIS so that we can go and get fingerprinted.

I thought that the letter had finally come today, but it turned out to be one of our daughter's delayed birth certificates from when we readopted her back in September. Hey, I'm not complaining because something we have been waiting for finally came in the mail, but I will be doing the dance when something from Immigration shows up. I probably should have started my counter from the day that I mailed it off since according to the USCIS automated system, I am to expect long delays. :(

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hear you. We are waiting daily for our 171H for Emmanuel. It is the LAST thing we need to bring him home. It is driving me nuts! Maybe today...

The Hermyzoo! said...

I hope your wait ends SOON! We sure have to learn patience through the adoption process don't we. This has been the hardest thing but the greatest thing for me to go through.

Chris and Virginia said...

We were in a rush due to the impending SDA quota closure. We hounded them into getting us fingerprinted before they even sent out the appointment letter.

Don't let them sit on your fingerprint clearance. We spoke to the FBI and they had returned the clearance the very same day that they were taken. The give preference to adoption processing.

Hope you receive them today.

Also, We don't fear the process as we had when we first started. We are just going with the flow and helping our where things need a little budge. The post is mostly for those just starting out that they aren't alone and all the obstacles can be overcome :). Some things just take more time than others.

Cheers

kate said...

hang in there! if anyone can sympathize with delays and speedbumps, it's me. just know that it will arrive at the perfect time...even though it may not feel like that time is perfect. ;>

Kathy Cassel said...

Hope your paper arrives soon.

Esther said...

Thank you so much for reading my blog and leaving a nice comment! My blog has gone private now. If you would like an invite to read, please email me at
sweetangelplus4@yahoo.com

Hugs, Esther

mommy24treasures said...

oh yes I remember that feeling with all 3 adoptions. Its torchure.

The Hermyzoo! said...

Have you received it YET???? Please let us know when you do. I can't wait to hear your good news.
Tanya

Nancy said...

This past year, I was completely stalking our mailman! I would come home for lunch from work just so I could check the mail...and sometimes the mailman would be coming around the block. I'm sure he was thinking, "Oh, no, it's her again!" LOL. I hope you get some good news soon!