Saturday, April 5, 2008

No timeline

It is so wonderful now that we can now put a name and a face to the little boy that we hope to adopt, but I have to say it makes waiting so much harder. Before we knew, we were just waiting to adopt what ever little boy we were referred once we got over there. I didn't know the name, the age, the story, or the face of our little boy to be, and the unknown seemed to make it easier to tolerate the wait. But now the waiting is driving me crazy. Actually, it is not knowing when we are going to travel that is driving me crazy.

If I was told that we would not travel until July, I could live with that because though it is a long way out, I would at least have that day to look forward to and plan for. The days of having a baby through pregnancy were so much easier in many ways because you always have a due date to look forward to and you know that your child will come around that time give or take a couple of weeks. But with adoption, there is no specific timeline. There never is. You can try and plan but the truth is that your child will come when you least expect it and you just have to be ready. Well, I am so ready! And I bet all of you parents waiting to adopt are ready too!

7 comments:

Chelley said...

This would have to be the hardest part! Esp testing your faith!

I pray that your wait isnt too long!

Lulu said...

I didn't "get" this part of adopting internationally until now...another friend is waiting for her court date in Ethiopia. I thought once she got the pictures that would make it better, but you are right, it is harder.

Having had our boys in foster care and waiting to find out if there would be reunification was tough. But this dragging out of finalization of adoption has worn on us all too...it's like we're waiting for the next phase of life to start. They are anxious for it to be official.

Carey and Norman said...

I'm so happy to hear that you have found a doctor. Dennis sounds precious and I enjoyed reading the comments the other mother wrote on his behalf. He sounds like such a sweet boy. Your family will be so blessed and I know God will continue to open doors for you! My prayers are with you and your family!!

Nataliya said...

I know exactly what you are talking about. It's very hard to wait until the dossier is submitted because you have no idea when you'll be going. But after the submission, it's much easier to wait, you'll see it soon :)

adoptedthree said...

I had literally less than 48 hours to get ready and leave when we went to adopt Oksana. We were only invited that weekend by the NAC and they were closing on that Thursday.
It was crazy but we did it and of course the reason was because Oksana was waiting. She would not have been ours if it hadn’t occurred. We had decided not to return if our dossier was not submitted prior to the closure of the NAC because we could not afford to keep redoing everything.

God has his plans.

Martha said...

Waiting is never easy! I'm excited for you and for the little guy. Dennis is blessed to have all of you waiting and praying for him.

Melissa said...

oh it is probably no fun waiting. oh I hope that everything goes well and he is so lucky to already have a family loving with so much