Sunday, April 27, 2008

Ukraine Holidays

Another week is about to start. I'm ready. Bring it on. However, tomorrow I can't expect anything because I guess Ukraine is celebrating Easter this weekend and Monday is an official holiday. I truly hope they have a wonderful weekend celebration and Tuesday brings changed and refreshed hearts about the way current adoptions are happening.

I think of Dennis often and wonder how long if ever it will be until we get to hold him in our arms. I often think about his eye and whether or not it brings him discomfort. From a close-up picture it looks as if he has continual conjunctivitis and I wonder if anyone cares to clean it and ease the irritation.

When I was giving my three youngest boys their baths last night, I realized just how much I am able to care for them and show them my love. I help wash them up in the bath. I clean their ears, cut their nails, comb their hair, help them get dressed. It is a common routine that I can do with my eyes closed. Sure, it can be an inconvenience when I have other things I need to do, but oh what I wouldn't do to have the inconvenience of bathing my little Dennis, and cleaning his ears, and putting on his pajamas.

In case some of you are new to my blog and didn't get the chance to see a picture of our little guy, you can click on the donation link on the right side of our blog. Thanks for visiting.

8 comments:

crispy said...

I love how you see it as a way to show love to your child as you care for the physical needs. Combing the hair and taking car of the nails. Thanks for the great reminder.

Still praying for you and the process.

Kathy Cassel said...

Let's get that boy home! Adoption is definitely one of the most rewarding AND FRUSTRATING things in life.

Zack, Jenn and William said...

Hi Christine,
I just got an email from an organization (I'm on their regular email list) and they have 2 grants available... and I immediately throught of you! Here's a link to their site...

http://www.avashope.org.

Irina said...

Hi Christine!
Ukraine has off one hundred days... it a joke is near to the true. We have days off: 27 and on April, 28 it is Easter (Christ rosened!). We have days off 1, 2, 3 and on Mays (day of labour and resurrection.), 4 We have a day off of May, 9 it is the Victory day. We will add a few Sunday days...
Nothing frightful, time goes, and soon you will see the boy. Successful day!

Stefanie and Bill said...

Thinking of you today and hoping for quick travels!
Stefanie

Nataliya said...

Yup, they have a lot of holidays. There are 2 days for Labor day celebration on May 1st and 2nd, so this week is not a real work week over there. But the next week will bring you closer to your precious Dennis!

Chris and Virginia said...

We look so forward to being able to do those things for our kids as well. Our thoughts and prayers are with you for a speedy and positive word from Ukraine. From the sound of it, it's looking grim for any words this week.

... said...

It is a slow week in Ukraine. Use these days to spend precious time with your beautiful family. I am praying your little man will be with you soon.

Besitos,
Lisa
http://payne-familyadventures.blogspot.com/