Friday, April 11, 2008

Pray Continually

GOD IS IN CONTROL! I believe this to be true. I have faith. My hope is stronger than ever. I read this somewhere (not sure where) and was so encouraged by it that I wanted to share with you guys.

Faith is not believing that God can. It is knowing that God will.

And I know that God is going to be faithful to me, and to Dennis as we wait patiently for our time to come to travel to meet our son for the first time.

Today I apostilled two more documents---- a petition to adopt Denis and a letter from the doctor that we are hoping will do all of Dennis' surgeries once he is home. In the beginning I was certain that I would be very bitter if I was asked to do more documents, but I know that is not what God wants from me. 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18 says "Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus."

So I excitedly ran all of my errands, imagining how much closer we were getting to the day that we will travel.

Lord, I am faithful that you will unite Dennis with us. I am not sure sure when, but I will sit here patiently and expectantly unless I am told to do something different by You.

I will continue to pray and abide in you daily. Please let the day that I meet Dennis face to face be very soon.

I am also very thankful that we have been blesed with $780.00 in donations. Thank you for taking part in making Dennis a part of our family.

4 comments:

Chris and Virginia said...

Each item is a step forward to your Dennis. This is such a rollercoaster ride, but it's all worth it in the end. One thing I can say is that those who choose to adopt from Ukraine (or anywhere else) is a choice from the heart which keeps us on the path. Without that, I could see where so many adoptions would not be completed because of all the difficulties.

Tami said...

You're right. HE is in control. Hang in there! :)

Joy said...

I hope you are taking a bunch of pictures of these steps. Dennis will want to see them when he is older and you are telling this story to his future wife. Okay I will not marry him off before he gets home.
With God's help you will get it all done and more.
Joy

Ashley said...

Praise the Lord for bringing in the funds!

You are exactly right. We do not "hope" God will do it, we "expect" Him to. We thank Him already for what He is going to do and we thank Him already that He has done it. It is going to happen. It is not "what if" it happens, it is "when" it happens. So many people say things to me like "what if it never happens". I tell them it is going to happen. It is not about what if we get the funds. We WILL get them to bring Grisha home. Thank you for this reminder. I also hope and pray that you can travel soon and bring sweet Dennis home.