Friday, June 13, 2008

Getting things done

Only 8 days till we leave. I know that, and I am preparing for our departure, but I still need the occasional pinch to know that I am not dreaming. I'm not dreaming, right? :)

I have taken my deep breath and am finally over the shock, and now things are actually getting done. I've picked up our tickets, I've prepaid our bills, and I've cooked up a few casseroles so that my friend Denise doesn't have to worry about all the meals when we are gone.


I got lots of help from my girls too.

Here is Russian Cotlyeti.

Chicken pasta, and chicken enchiladas.

And Beef enchilada casserole with red sauce.

And another wonderful thing is that we have received another $250 in donations. Thank you. I can't say that enough, really. I am humbled by your generosity. Your giving hearts shine through and I just need to tell you that I appreciate how supportive all of you have been.

Everything is happening according to His plan, and I get to watch it all unfold. I hope I don't leave out to many details, so that you can feel like you are watching too!

Dennis, my sweet baby boy, only a few more days and I'll be holding you in my arms!

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Christine
I haven't had time to check your blog in a while, I was so surprised & happy for you to see you will be with Dennis so soon. Congratulations and good luck.
Jane

Chelley said...

I am sure that you wont be throwing things in the case mins before you are walking out the door!!!

HUGZ

How are the kids feeling about you guys leaving?

Salzwedel Family said...

Looks like everything is coming together! Praying for your upcoming trip...

Debora Hoffmann said...

I am so excited for you guys!! I know, it seems like you're dreaming, but you're not. :-) I need to get the recipe for the chicken cotlyeti from you--looks yummy!

I'll be sure to pray for you all. I can't wait for you to be with Dennis!

Kathy Cassel said...

Wow. It's getting so close!

I'm driving from FL to northern IN leaving in just an hour after Ty finishes his ACT test (yep, those days really get here). I hope to be able to follow your blog while I travel but if not, Safe Journey!!

Melissa said...

hey save a little casserole for me

Ashley said...

So sweet that your girls are helping you with the cooking. What sweeties. I am hoping someone will move into my house while we are gone so we will not have to send the children to another state. I am still praying for this. I am so happy for you I can barely stand it.

And NO, you are NOT dreaming! You will be holding that precious baby in your arms VERY SOON!

ArtworkByRuth said...

We did tell you that on top of everything else you do, you have to start a blog with all your recipes for large families right, LOL ;)

adopting2fromUkraine said...

You are doing great in your preparations! We had almost two months to do everything and you've only had a few weeks!

Isn't it great how things just start falling in place when it's finally time to go? :)

June

Anonymous said...

You are amazing!

I can't believe you leave so soon. I have been thinking of you a lot and all that you must be feeling as you prepare...

That Enchilada casserole looks so yummy. Sometime when you are not so busy, you will have to share the recipe!

Angel said...

WOW!!! This is so exciting. What a ride. I hope it's WONDERFUL. Angel

WheresMyAngels said...

Yum, I want to come eat at your house while you are gone!!

Many prayers for a blessed trip!

Janine said...

I'm so excited for you!! You are so close now to holding your baby boy!

Matt and Carla Morgan said...

Thank you for your comment, Christine! It is fun to think that we will be over there on a similar schedule. Know you are in our prayers. Can't wait to hear about your meeting with Dennis!!!

cm