Monday, June 16, 2008

Won't be Empty for Long


Only five days left till we leave! I am starting to get really excited! Hallelujah! Dennis here we come!

Here is all of the luggage we are taking and I need to make all of our stuff fit inside these two suitcases and two carry-ons. Can I do it?

On another note, everything is falling into place. I ran a bunch of errands today and even had the car washed for whoever drives it while we are gone. Believe me, my van so needed a good cleaning.

Donations are still trickling in, Praise God, and He has provided us with the funds to make this adoption happen! However, Erin never emailed me to claim her Moscow mug. What should I do? Erin, if you are reading, please email me your address.

Sorry this is so short, but I am off to fill up those suitcases!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so excited for you Christine. Wow, what to bring? What not to bring? Just how small can you fold pair of underwear?

Debora Hoffmann said...

I am beyond excited for you all! Those suitcases will be bulging soon. :-)

Jeri said...

Okay Christine, remember how they sold things in Russia? Well, they do in Ukraine too! I read a really good test was to grab your packed bags and run for five minutes. Oh, don't forget to add about 20 lbs in one of your arms (that would be Dennis). If you are not laying flat out on the concrete at the end of five minutes, you will be able to catch that train with no problem.
What I found on our second trip (to visit Alex's grandmother,sister, and brother) was that one pair of jeans and one pair of shorts worked. Three shirts allowed for washing and hanging out what I wasn't wearing. Once I got past our "set of clothes per day" American mentality, I was able to adjust and it helped greatly. I shudder to think of what we took on our adoption trip...maybe that's where the "ugly American" phrase came from! Our driver, Boris, took one look at our luggage, then looked at his little BMW sedan and physically cringed. Yes, we wore our luggage in the back seat....next day, new driver, VW station wagon.

BTW, you mentioned the kindergarten teachers and Jonny and how your family will miss them. Hmmm, I see Dennis there in a few years.

Salzwedel Family said...

Exciting stuff! I am anxiously anticipating your journey to Dennis. You are in my prayers.