Friday, June 20, 2008

Leaving Tomorrow!

We are all set! Ukraine here we come!

Today my mom and sister came to help me with last minute preparations and to visit before we leave tomorrow. They also watched the kids so that I can go and run the last of my errands. I got everything done, Praise the Lord and I feel good about leaving tomorrow.

Again, I just have to say how blessed we are that the donations still keep coming in--- two hundred dollars just today. I am amazed how the Lord continues to provide even when I am too busy to try to fund raise on my own anymore. I guess that it was Him doing the work in the first place and I was just making it my own business because I thought He couldn't do a good enough job on his own. Shame on me... what was I thinking? Well, I am here to tell you that the Lord does provide and a million thank yous go out to each and everyone of you that have given so freely of your money and prayers. I am humbled and more appreciative than you guys will ever know.

I am excited that soon Dennis will be in our arms but I have been advised not to post pictures until after court. :( This will my biggest challenge probably yet..... the temptation alone might get the best of me, but don't worry, I will post and throw in some pictures anyways.

While we are gone, please, please, please leave comments, even if you haven't before. Adam, Rachel, Caleb, Sveta, Annalyn, Julia, Anna, William, Andrew, and Jonny -- that includes you too! I already know that I will appreciate it very much! And I know they'll help me to not feel so far away.

God Bless all of you!

22 comments:

Chelley said...

Prayer for safe travel .... Prayers that everything will run AS it should~~~
Prayers that your family at home with be safe!!

HUGZ FOR YOU my friend!!!!

debi9kids said...

OH wow! Have a safe journey!
I will be thinking of you & praying it goes smoothly.
:) debi

Kelli said...

I cant wait to read every detail of your trip

ArtworkByRuth said...

Godspeed John and Christine. Can't wait to see pics of you and the baby!

Anonymous said...

Congradulations Reed Family! On
your new son and little brother! So excited for you and remembering you in prayers.

-Debrah in Arizona

Mama Seoul said...

I'm excited for you that you are so close to realizing this dream.

I'm sure you are experts at traveling with kids, just a note: On traveling internationally with a toddler, wait to get off the plan until most people are off. I have found that on international flights, people are especially pushy (different ideas about personal space) and fling around their overweight bags from the overhead compartments. Even some domestic flights I have been on have been rough to exit, so when traveling with a little one, I like to let the throngs pass before exiting. Safer for the child and less stress for you.

Safe trip!

TylerandBrianne said...

I am so happy that the day is finally here so Dennis will be able to get all the love and attention every child deserves. God bless!!!

Salzwedel Family said...

Praying for your trip & for everyone back at home. I can't wait to see pictures of you all together. Blessings...
Stephanie

Kathy and Matt said...

Praying with you as you leave! We can't wait to read about your first meeting with Dennis.

Nicole (SummersComing) said...

" please leave comments, even if you haven't before."

Delurking to say how excited I am for your whole family!!! I will joyfully follow along with your adventure to bring your son home!

-Nicole in NY

Shea said...

God Bless you. I am so very happy for you. Might I also add that your faith in God brings me great comfort.

max said...

Coming out of lurkdom to say prayers for safe flights, a quick adoption process and back home asap.
So happy and excited, cannot wait to see Dennis with his forever family and see how his new future will unfold.

Anonymous said...

My family is praying for your saftey and that everything will go smoothly!!!!

God Bless

Connie said...

You have our prayers for safe travel, and all our hopes that everything goes smoothly and quickly over there. We love you!

Andrea said...

The day has finally arrived! I hope you have a safe and wonderful trip...and I can't wait to hear about it and see pictures of your precious Dennis!

Nikki said...

That is so exciting! Have an amazing time, I can't wait to hear about it!

Melissa said...

have a safe flight. Keep us posted

Martha said...

Wondering if you flew over my head today... Can't wait to read your next post.

... said...

God Bless you John & Christine- be safe and we look forward to reading your updates!

Besitos,
Lisa
http://payne-familyadventures.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

Hi mom. This is Julia. All of the kids are helping around the house. I miss you so much.

Tami said...

I have been such a slacker! I got so far behind in my blog reading that I didn't realize you were leaving so soon!!! You're there! YEA!!!! I'll go back to reading now! :)

Anonymous said...

Hey, watch out for that washing machine. When the rug below gets damp and the machine's running, sometimes there's a current in the floor. If you touch the metal tub faucet or wash your hands in the water running from the faucet, you can get lightly shocked.

Don't flush toilet paper. Don't let the kitchen sink overflow. Don't get caught drying your socks on the radiators.

- Robb the Lurker who came before you