Thursday, June 19, 2008

Leaving in 2 days!

Isn't that just amazing? As I am tying up loose ends here and there, I feel so thankful for our family and friends that have rallied around us to help make this adoption possible. As I sat with my good friend Denise who will be watching the kids while we are gone, I felt a sense of peace come over me knowing that my children and home will be in good hands. My Mom, John's parents, my cousin, and my Aunt Tanya have all offered to come and help whenever they can too. Truly, it is a blessing. Thank you to all of you ahead of time.

Almost everything is packed, and I've ran 90% of my errands with little left to do now before we leave on Saturday. My biggest concern is being able to get in touch with family while we are in Ukraine. My stateside coordinator says that if that is my biggest concern than I am doing pretty good. I think I might be feeling different come Saturday morning....don't you think? :)

7 comments:

Gudl said...

I just donated something towards your fund.
I will pray for your travels etc.
May God bless you abundantly for what you are doing.

Irina said...

That... Welcome to Ukraine! Have a successful trip :).

Diana said...

Enjoy the experience. Take some sleeping pills on the plane and then you won't have to worry about anything until at least Sunday when you land in Kiev!

As for communication, this was indeed a real problem for us last summer. We were in small towns in way far western Ukraine. We found that all the internet cafes were either closed for the summer, closed all together, or had been coverted strictly to gaming only places and weren't available for public access. Hopefully you'll find better access than we did. Oh, and if you're taking a laptop, make sure it has REALLY GOOD virus protection on it. Ours contracted a virus in Kiev and gave up the ghost completely 1/2 way through our trip. Thankfully, our facilitator had an old cell phone we were able to use for the trip. We just bought minutes as we needed them and were able to call home quite often (but it's way cheaper if they call you!)

Julie said...

Christine,
I'm SO excited for you. It was less than a month ago that we left for Serbia to bring home our son. It was difficult to be away, and there were trials along the way (including communication with home for just the 1st couple of days), but I just had to keep reminding myself that there was a VERY good reason we were there! Once you meet your little boy, you will forget any "troubles"! I am praying that your trip will be a good one, and I can't wait to follow your journey!
~Julie
adopted David from Serbia earlier this month

Annie said...

No. You'll be fine! You are not a worrier, so you'll have a great trip. You should have taught Denise to blog, though, before you left! I would love to see how they all get on!

Carolynn and Steve said...

Many prayers being lifted up for you--this last minute waiting has got to be the worst! Please know that even if you can't communicate with us, we're still holding you in our prayers! And hug your new son extra tight for us!
Godspeed on your travels!

jessy said...

HUGS! Have a wonderful, blessed trip, and bring that precious baby home. WooHoo!!!