Wednesday, June 18, 2008

I can't sleep

Here it is almost 1am. and I am still awake. I just can't sleep. Is that normal? I'm sure it is normal, but I find myself filled with all the excitement of a first time parent, and it has got me racing with thoughts nonstop. I have to remind myself that I am only going to Ukraine to adopt a little boy, but then I think, "I AM GOING TO UKRAINE TO ADOPT MY LITTLE BOY!"

It is finally happening, God is in control, and I need to remember that in all that I do. He has been with me in more ways than I can count, even when I have yelled at my kids, failed again to open my bible for over three days, or barked at my husband to do this or do that in preparation for our trip. Seems silly, but in all God's grace, he even kept my windshield free from bug guts as I ran more errands today with all 10 kids in tow. Remember, I had it washed yesterday, only the third time this year, and I would love for it to stay clean until friends and family use it.

I've made a photo album, packed most of our stuff, visited a second bank to get the newest looking bills I could find, and even managed to spend quality time swimming and going for a walk with my kids. Praise God. Not to brag, but I've even managed to drop 7 pounds since I found out we were leaving.... and we aren't even in Ukraine yet. I guess having less than three weeks notice and preparing to leave a family of 10 behind while you travel to a different country will do that to you.

I've started having vivid dreams about Dennis........ the first time meeting him and smelling his sweet skin as I hold him close for the first time, watching him play with his brothers, watching his excitement because of our dog Dolly. All these dreams are so good but are often followed with me waking up late on the day we are to leave. Argh! I hate it when that happens. I probably keep waking up like that because I don't have a watch that works. I should probably go and buy one between now and Saturday.

Anyway, I am finally getting tired. Probably from all that rambling I just did. (I think I used the P word probably three times in the last three sentences.)

Good night.

8 comments:

liesel said...

It's going to be so great. I miss Ukraine.

Julie said...

I can't wait to be on this exact emotion roller coaster in just a few months!!! I wish it was now though!

Rachel said...

I'm excited too! I can't wait for you to bring him home!

Connie said...

Good night sis! Sweet dreams :) You almost have him in your arms, and when you do, please give him a little kiss for me too.

Mandy said...

Hey Christine -
Yes we are adopting from Ukraine too :)
We'll probably be arriving in Kiev while you are tucking in that sweet boy at his new home! I wish you the best and a smooth adoption!
Mandy

Annie said...

Just remember the wind-up alarm clock! :)

Ashley said...

Oh, I can barely stand it!!!! It is hard to believe it is just about time to go! I hope you were able to get some rest. I know all too well about rambling late at night. Anyone who reads my blog will know that...lol

It is going to be great! You are almost there!!! AAHHHH!!!!!

ArtworkByRuth said...

I firmly believe God works the night shift. But really you were up in the middle of the day Ukrainian time. LOL Glad you were able to get some thoughts settled! I guess I also worried that our son would like us! Sweet dreams!